Liaison with Territorial Authorities
Preliminary and developed design
Building Consent and construction documentation
Contract administration, observation and quality controls
BIM - Building Information Modelling
Richard is the managing director and principal architect of Dalman Architects. His main areas of expertise are in development planning, brief development, architectural and interior design, and hotel design.
Anton joined Dalman Architects as a director in 2015. He is a senior project architect specialising in commercial and retail projects.
Mike heads up Dalman's Auckland studio. He has considerable experience in large apartment, hotel and commercial projects in Auckland and Berlin.
Associate | Senior Architect
Jennie is a highly experienced registered architect and project leader responsible for a number of our significant projects. She has been with Dalman Architects for more than 15 years and became an Associate in 2013.
Associate | Senior Architectural Technician
Owen is a Senior Architectural Technician and has been an Associate since 2013. He has extensive experience working on a variety of projects including education, hotels, apartments and community buildings.
Associate | Senior Designer
Ross is an experienced architectural designer having worked on significant large projects in New Zealand and overseas.
Senior Architectural Technician
Senior Architectural Technician | Technical Lead
There are currently no positions available.
If you are interested in joining our award-winning team please contact us.
Dalman Architects celebrates Property Council New Zealand Award
PCNZ Property Industry Awards 2020
Four Points by Sheraton Auckland wins Tourism and Leisure Property Award for Best in Category at this year’s PCNZ Property Industry Awards.
Dalman's Christchurch Studio Celebrates Award
New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
Our Christchurch Studio was awarded Silver at the New Zealand Master Builders’ Commercial Project Awards on 17 May. We were one of 8 finalists in the Resene Commercial Fit Out category.
Dalman Celebrates Auckland Studio Opening
New Britomart Office Helps Service the Northern Regions
Dalman Architects celebrated the opening of its Auckland studio on 7 November with a long overdue get together of old and new friends.
Studio Open Day
22 September 2018, 11:00 - 16:00
Dalman Architects Christchurch studio will be open as part of the NZIA Festival of Architecture on Saturday 22 September, 11:00 - 16:00 at
825 Colombo Street.
The Salvation Army Wins Civic & Arts Property Award
The Salvation Army Awarded Merit
The Salvation Army Christchurch City Worship and Community Centre was awarded Merit at the Property Council - Property Industry Awards in the Civic & Arts Property category.
Two Projects Win at the New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
Russley Village Homestead and The Salvation Army Win Awards
Russley Village Homestead and The Salvation Army Buildings Win Awards at the New Zealand Commercial Project Awards
- Property Council NZ - Property Industry Awards - Civic & Arts Property Award - Merit - The Salvation Army
- Commercial Projects Awards - $5 - $15M - National Category Winner - The Homestead - Russley Village
- Commercial Projects Awards - Residential - Gold - The Homestead - Russley Village
- NZ Institute of Architects National Award - Chapel Street Centre
- Resene Total Colour Heritage Award - Acland House
- Resene Total Colour Commercial Exterior Colour Maestro Award - Hills Road Dairy
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Chapel Street Centre
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Knowles House
- Asia Pacific Property Awards - Best Hotel Architecture, New Zealand - Te Waonui Forest Retreat
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Acland House
- Canterbury Heritage Award - Commended - Acland House
- NZ Society of Engineering Earthquake Strengthening Awards - Highly Commended - Residential - Acland House
- Property Council NZ - Property Industry Awards - Special Purpose Property Award - Excellence - Chapel Street Centre
- Trends International Design Award NZ Architect-Designed New Home - Highly Commended - Sliding House
- NZ Institute of Architects Presidents Award - Richard Dalman
- Mix It Up In Pita Kaik Competition Peterborough Village - Filter
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Te Waonui Forest Retreat
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Franz Josef Hot Pools
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Novotel Queenstown Lakeside
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Crowne Plaza Queenstown
- Designers Institute of NZ BEST Awards - Finalist - 360 Restaurant and Bar - Crowne Plaza Queenstown
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - Stromboli Restaurant and Wine Bar
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Rangatira Apartments
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - McSherry Building
- NZ Built Environment Awards - Finalist - Sydenham Square
- Dulux Colour Award - Mantra Indian Restaurant
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - Dunedin City Hotel
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - Oasis Restaurant and Bar
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Dalman House
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award - Muskoka Cottage
- NZ Institute of Architects Resene Colour Award - Heaton Normal Intermediate Performing Arts Centre
- Dulux Colour Award - Dunedin City Hotel
- Designers Institute of NZ BEST Awards - Finalist - Lumiere Retail Store
- Dulux Colour Award - Hynds Pipes
- Designers Institute of NZ BEST Awards - Finalist - Dalman Architecture Offices, Durham Street
- Dulux Colour Award - Dalman Architecture Offices, Durham Street
- IES Lighting Design Award - Dalman Architecture Offices, Durham Street
- Affordable House Competition - Commendation - Housing NZ National Competition
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - Dalman Architecture Offices
- NZ Institute of Architects Local Award and Resene Colour Award - Flinders on Hardy
- Designers Institute of NZ BEST Awards - Highly Commended - Plaza International, Burbury's Grille
Articles & Media
For Quiet and Calm
by Richard Dalman
Moving Forward Positively Post Covid-19
Church & State
Art In Their own Right
How Architects Design
The Press / Stuff
Cafe Chat: New 'Hole-In-The-Wall' Cafe In Christchurch
A New Dawn
New Hotel Luxury
The Press / Stuff
Gough Starts Work On $15m Terrace Parking Building
The Foundations For A Great Townscape
Connection To Our Cultural Heritage
Designing With and For the Environment
Build and Renovate
Designing Spaces to Suit Lifestyles
How A House Works
The Salvation Army Christchurch City Worship and Community Centre
20 Minutes... with Richard Dalman
NZ House and Garden
Dynamic Geometry: Chapel Street Centre
Rural Living: Sliding House
Christchurch North Methodist Church