Acland House contains boarding and dining facilities for Christchurch Girls’ High School. Built in 1893, it sustained severe damage in the Canterbury Earthquakes. In addition to seismic strengthening, the ground floor was redesigned to create a dining hall with the capacity to cater for 150 boarders at once. The dormitories and bathrooms were completely renovated. A new porch was added to emphasise the main entry. Historic elements were salvaged and reused.